Thursday, January 28, 2010
A Good Day
Every day is good, truly! But this morning was especially good. I woke up at 5am and went to spinning, I was very unmotivated and sluggish, but felt good when it was over. Anyway, I got ready as usual and Chip left early for an important meeting. This meant I got to take the kids to school. I rarely have this duty, as I am the “pick-up” person. Anyway, Chip made a wonderful breakfast for the kids prior to leaving…egg in a hole with a side of blueberries. All three of us sat at the little table and had really sweet conversation. Both kids took their plates and cups to the sink and proceeded to get dressed. Chace is obviously better at this task than Paige so he offered to help her with her shoes and was so sweet. Everything was just moving along smoothly and Chace told me that last night he prayed for his friends. I asked him what he meant and he said he prayed thank you for his sister and friends and of course mommy and daddy. Then he went to the side of the room, hidden from me, and said “Dear God thank you for mommy and daddy and Paige, Jennie and Dave, James and Rebecca, Mimi and Poppi, Omi and Pops, Harvey and my other friends from school”…then he caught my eye and got embarrassed so he stopped. He also told me that it’s ok to pray to God in the morning and at night. I told him he could pray anytime and that I’m sure God appreciated his thankfulness. I know I did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment