Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy 35th Birthday to me

I think I am a grown up now


• I wake in the 5am hour every week day – 7am on the weekends
• I have given birth…twice
• I have a tall, handsome, caring husband of 12 years, who I love and adore

My husband and I have owned two homes
• I watch the stock market, pay a mortgage and school tuition among many other bills
• I care about what congress is doing and the deficit
• I understand what escrow means
• My first born played on a soccer team this year and is signed up for t-ball
• My daughter is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined
• I have friends that have died
• I have friends whose parents, siblings or spouses have died
• Cancer has struck around me, and it scares me
• I can get teary at almost anything, from an email to a commercial
• I have a career I enjoy and people seem to think I know what I am doing
• I have an awesome family including parents, sisters, and in-laws too
• I have great friends new and old
• I read books
• I am starting to enjoy cooking, rather than just thinking about enjoying cooking
• I am still learning – a lot and often
• I am happy and blessed!!
And though I know there will likely be tough times ahead and there are many people around me living through difficulty I am happy to say, just now after 35 years, I think I am officially a “grown-up.”

Kristin

1 comment:

Margie said...

Wow - lots of accomplishments at 35! This is a great list. Happy late birthday, Kristin! When you get a chance, shoot me some cooking tips. You're ahead of me, on that one.

Hope you and Chip celebrated well!